General: How to show remote certificate using OpenSSL?(v1.3)Article Number: 000052611 | Last Modified: 2019/01/17
- Show certificate used by wikipedia.org at port 443(HTTPS).
- Obtain information of Certificate used in remote server
- Obtain list of Trusted CA(Root Certificates) in local machine
- From local device's point of view, show critical information of remote certificate:
- Subject of certificate. For example: *.wikipedia.org
- Issuer of certificate. For example: DigiCert High Assurance EV Root CA
- Show local device's Trusted Root CA
For more information, refer to article General: what does the certificate error(red cross) in browser mean and how to fix it
Alternatively, this tool can also be used for testing remote server's port accessibility:
- When remote port is accessible with SSL certificate bound, result will show the certificate
- When remote port is accessible with no SSL certificate bound, result will show "no peer certificate available"
- When remote port is not accessible, there will be no result.
- "Local" means the device runs browser. For example, when opening a browser to view wikipedia.org, the device is running its browser locally.
- This article is for Windows PC only.
- "Remote" means computer runs service. For example, when opening a browser to view wikipedia.org, from browser's point of view, Wikipedia's servers are considered running their services remotely.
- Download the attachment "ShowCert_v*.zip" to the local machine and unzip it to a folder.
- It contains binaries of OpenSSL and ShowCert batch file.
- Right-click on ShowCert batch file and select "Run as Administrator".
- If not running as Administrator, this error will appear:
- Input remote server's address. For instance, wikipedia.org
- Input remote server's listening port. 443(HTTPS) is used by default.
- Wait until finish. Then the folder contains result files will open automatically.
- Send the result files to Qlik Support
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.