When trying to connect to the QRS API with Postman via Windows Authentication, Postman responds with "Could not get any response"Environments:
- Qlik Sense Enterprise, April 2018 and higher
Prior to April 2018 Release:
Verify in Postman > Settings that SSL Certificate verification is disabled.April 2018 release and higher:
In the April 2018 release, port redirection for authentication was disabled in favor of path-based redirects. For not-yet-known reasons, this has been problematic in Postman for NTLM authentication in particular (but not other rest clients/utilities, such as Invoke-RestMethod in Powershell). If you want to use Postman then a workaround is:
- Disable auto-follow of redirects.
- Make the initial request, Qlik Sense responds with an HTTP 302 and Location header.
- Re-enable auto-follow of redirects, and execute request at the URL in the Location header.
- You should now have the NTLM session cookie**, proceed with API requests as usual.
, locate the following line in both repository.exe
and also proxy.exe,
change the value to false
, and restart all services; this re-enables port redirection for Windows authentication requests:
<add key="DisableAuthenticationPortRedirection" value="true" />
**There is an open issue related to Postman not automatically setting secure cookies in the latest stable release 6.1.3
. This is fixed in the Canary (development) release, 6.2.0, or you can set cookies manually.