Prior to Shared Persistence, administrators could use a tool called Repository Snapshot Manager (RSM) for backing up a Qlik Sense site (reference What is the Repository Snapshot Manager?
. With the introduction and exclusive use of Shared Persistence, that tool has been replaced by one aspect of the QlikSenseUtil tool. Please reference Qlik Sense Utility - Functions and Features
for further documentation on the functionality present in that tool.
For backing up a Shared Persistence site
, the key elements that need to be backed up are:
- the certificates used by Qlik Sense for internal communication
- the Repository Database used to store meta-data about the Qlik Sense site
- the applications used by the Qlik Sense site
- the Extensions, thumbnail images, etc used by Qlik Sense apps
Other options components can include:
- logs of activity on the site
- Supplemental material used by the Qlik Sense site (e.g. QVDs, Excel files, etc)
By using the QlikSenseUtil tool, an administrator can back all of these up and configure the tool to be integrated in a silent, incremental backup policy.