QlikView 12.20 QVB Settings.ini resets periodicallyArticle Number: 000050383 | Last Modified: 2020/01/14
- Loss of license
- Loss of Settings flags
- Reset of Settings flags to default values (for example, AllowExecuteCommand is reset to default).
Desktop & Server
Other products using QlikView for tasks/reloads/reports
- QlikView 12.20 (November 2017) SR8
- QlikView 12.30 (November 2018) and newer.
A setting can be adjusted to reduce the frequency of the issue. A setting in the QlikView Distribution Service needs to be modified in order to change the pause between qvb engines being allowed to spawn.
! Note that even if the frequency might be reduced, the problem can only be RESOLVED by upgrading. Should an upgrade still lead to setting resets, please contact Qlik Support.
- Stop the QlikView Distribution Service (all, if multiple nodes are available)
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service on each node
- Open QVDistributionService.exe.config in a text editor
- Locate the following setting:
<!-- Don't allow QlikView engine to be started more often than every n milliseconds. -->
<add key="QlikViewEngineQuarantineTimeInms" value="100"/>
- Modify the value from 100 to 6000.
- Start the services.
! Information provided on this defect is given as is at the time of documenting. For up to date information, please review the most recent Release Notes, or contact support at support.qlik.com with the ID QV-15256 for reference.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.