Several issues can occur in QlikView 12.20 (Desktop & Server) that can cause the Settings.ini to be recreated, overwritten or ignored.
A defect in QlikView may cause the Settings.ini used by either QlikView Desktop or QlikView Batch (QVB) to be overwritten, which can cause the following issues:
- Loss of license
- Loss of Settings flags
- Reset of Settings flags to default values (for example, AllowExecuteCommand is reset to default).
QlikView November 2017
Desktop & Server
Other products using QlikView for tasks/reloads/reports
This issue appears after upgrading to QlikView November 2017 or later when multiple processes try to access the Settings.ini file concurrently. This may cause the Settings.ini to be recreated and overwrite an existing file.Bug ID:
- QlikView 12.20 (November 2017) SR8
- QlikView 12.30 (November 2018) and newer.
A setting can be adjusted to reduce the frequency of the issue. A setting in the QlikView Distribution Service needs to be modified in order to change the pause between qvb engines being allowed to spawn. ! Note that even if the frequency might be reduced, the problem can only be RESOLVED by upgrading.
Should an upgrade still lead to setting resets, please contact Qlik Support.
- Stop the QlikView Distribution Service (all, if multiple nodes are available)
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service on each node
- Open QVDistributionService.exe.config in a text editor
- Locate the following setting:
<!-- Don't allow QlikView engine to be started more often than every n milliseconds. -->
<add key="QlikViewEngineQuarantineTimeInms" value="100"/>
- Modify the value from 100 to 6000.
- Start the services.
! Information provided on this defect is given as is at the time of documenting. For up to date information, please review the most recent Release Notes, or contact support at support.qlik.com with the ID QV-15256 for reference.