"Incorrect password" error received when adding a rim node
Article Number: 000050004 | Last Modified: 2018/05/18
This issue may occur in the following scenarios if "Incorrect password" error is received though the password is confirmed correct:
1. The Central node and the rim node are separated in different network, for example, one node is in DMZ.
2. Port 4444 on the central and rim nodes are blocked.
3. The domain is using RDOC (Read only Domain controllers).
To add a rim node, the central and the rim nodes need be able to talk to each other. If the communication is blocked, the rim node registration would fail. It is necessary to check the connection between them if this issue happens.
1. Move the nodes into the same network
2. Open port 4444 on the central and rim nodes
2. Move the both nodes to a read-write domain controller.