While Installing a Qlik Sense Patch, the error "Update Failed: The patch has already been installed and removed from your system. Please reboot before trying again." is shownArticle Number: 000049112 | Last Modified: 2019/01/17
- Qlik Sense Enterprise, Feb2018 Patch 1
2. Open the "Qlik_Sense_update_..." log at %TEMP% in the file browser. The log will look similar to the following:
4/13/2018 3:59:48 PM - Command line: 4/13/2018 3:59:48 PM - Launch operation Ui 4/13/2018 3:59:48 PM - Start services False 4/13/2018 3:59:48 PM - Initialized install runner 4/13/2018 3:59:48 PM - There is a Package Cache entry for this patch. If the machine has been rebooted after the patch was uninstalled you may delete the folder 'C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\f64fd415-c638-4f0b-9fb4-dfae4dc640e0' 4/13/2018 3:59:48 PM - This will update Qlik Sense from Qlik Sense February 2018 version 12.5.2 to Qlik Sense February 2018 Patch 1 version 12.5.3 4/13/2018 3:59:48 PM - Files to be removed/updated: 401 4/13/2018 3:59:48 PM - Update failed: The patch has already been installed and removed from your system. Please reboot before trying again.
3. Locate the line in the logs "There is a Package Cache entry for this patch. If the machine has been rebooted after the patch was uninstalled you may delete the folder C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\f64fd415-c638-4f0b-9fb4-dfae4dc640e0 similar to the above."
4. Delete the Package Cache folder at that location (in the above example, C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\f64fd415-c638-4f0b-9fb4-dfae4dc640e0)
5. Resume with installing the patch
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.