NPrinting Email Settings Configuration Fails - Unable to send email in Qlik NPrintingArticle Number: 000048674 | Last Modified: 2019/05/10
Where this issue is found:
- NPrinting Webconsole - Admin>Settings - Email settings - send test email
- At what point does it fail and what happens?
- When i click test email its throwing error:
NP logs indicate the following message:
- ERROR: The SMTP server does not support authentication
- Originally noticed in Nprinting November 2018
- May occur in any NPrinting Environment
What can cause this?
- Invalid SMTP email configuration settings
- NPrinting 17.6 in some cases results in this email failure as well
How to Resolve:Request the correct credentials from your organization's email administrator and apply them accordingly in the NPrinting email server settings at:
- NPrinting Webconsole - Admin>Settings - Email settings. See link below for correct configuration details:
If you are getting the ERROR: The SMTP server does not support authentication message, then simply:
- Remove any log in credentials and use port 25 (unless otherwise specified by your email administrator)
- Click "update email settings"
- Send a test email
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.