The Sense Logging service spams the windows event log with "password authentication failed for user qlogs_reader".error FATAL: password authentication failed for user "qlogs_reader" DETAIL: Role "qlogs_reader" does not exist. Connection matched pg_hba.conf line 80: "host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5"
There are two scenarios for this.
You are on a single/multi node note environment and you do not use centralized logging, then please check the resolution pane. Be aware that you have to change the setting on all the nodes in a multi node environment.
You have setup Centralized logging then please run the Centralized Logging Setup / Configuration as per How to set up the Qlik Sense Logging Service
Qlik Sense June 2017 - April 2018
Logic in the License and Operations Monitor checking for the Centralized Logging Database with this functionality not configured / enabled.
- Firstly confirm in the QMC under tasks that your Reload License Monitor and Reload Operations Monitor tasks are reloading successfully with a status of "Success"
- You will now need to duplicate and modify the License Monitor and Operations Monitor Apps.
- Open the data load editor.
- In the data reload script editor for each App, locate following setting: SET db_v_file_override = 0
- Change this to SET db_v_file_override = 1
- The default value is 0 which attempts to use the Centralized Logging Database to supplement the License and Operations Monitor
- The value of 1 sets the License and Operations Monitor to only use the files on the disk and make no attempt to query the Centralized Logging Database
- Save the apps and republish over the old one.
: Since these applications are upgraded on upgrading or patching of Qlik Sense, this change will need to be made after upgrading or patching Qlik Sense as the default value is 0.