Migrate Data ConnectionsArticle Number: 000047372 | Last Modified: 2019/12/05
Below you will find possible methods that can be used to export Data Connections in order to either move Data Connections between environments or to import Data Connections into the Qlik Analytics Platform (QAP), which doesn't have a front-end interface to easily recreate these connections.
Here are some consideration to keep in mind:
• Exporting a QVF from Qlik Sense Enterprise strips the Data connections from the application.
• Apps created using Qlik Sense Desktop store the Data connections locally within the file
• Apps containing Data Connections that are imported to the QMC will retain the Data Connections and add them to the environment.
This is working as designed.
The process steps of adding new data connections changes to:
• Create/Open QVF dedication for Data Connections
• Create/Test the new data connection
• Save the QVF once satisfied connection is configured correctly
• Import QVF into QMC of Qlik Sense Server or QAP to add the data connections
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.