End-Customer with a Support contract with a Qlik Partner should have been provided the specific partner support contact for when first line of Support is needed. Otherwise Qlik Customer Service may be able to assist end-customer with that Support Contact information. Partner Responsibilities are extracted from the Maintenance Policy. View the end of the article for document details.
Qlik Responsible Partners should expect to be contacted by the end-customer. Qlik Support will then provide support to partner if needed. End-customers may not open cases directly with Qlik Support.Partner Responsibilities
Partners’ Front-Line Support responsibilities include the following:
- Self service
- Encourage End Users to first search Qlik’s knowledgebase and find an answer without direct interaction with Partner as an assisted support resource
- Assisted support resource
- Verify End User is entitled to support or holds a valid and active license for Qlik Products. Please provide the Product license when submitting the ticket via Support Portal.
- Gather relevant and necessary information from End User to obtain enough details to investigate the problem, and have a clear understanding from the end user of the issue, including but not limited to:
- Qlik product name
- Version/release number
- Detailed problem description
- relevant key words or phrases
- Operating environment
- Sample Qlik app
- log files, etc
- Search knowledgebase to find solutions to known issues that Partner may provide directly to End Users via self-service. The knowledgebase includes knowledge articles, Qlik Community and the Qlik Help site.
- Follow the process of troubleshooting to present a resolution:
- Confirm the resolution to End User and ensure End User understands the resolution
- Present the solution to End User.
- Ask End User to test the solution to verify End User understands the resolution
- Notify End User the issue is being marked as resolved
- Collaborate with Qlik
- Collaboration with Qlik means the Partner can request involvement from Qlik internal Support on those cases where Partner (or Partner’s team) are not able to find a solution to End User’s issue. After Partner has exhausted all available troubleshooting and replication steps listed above, Partner should:
- Log a ticket in the Support Portal and include all information gathered in the "Assisted support resource" section
- If appropriate information is not gathered and troubleshot before logging a case, the case will be closed asking you to complete this step before coming back to Qlik Support
- Be responsive to Qlik Support and End User by replying within 2 business days to inquiries and requests
- Manage Cases in the Qlik Support Portal, which includes updating Case activity when significant events evolve
- Retain ownership of the case, communication to, and confirmation of a resolution
- Mark the case in the portal “Ready to Close”, once End User indicates the issue is resolved
- Reporting an Error
- Reporting an Error is to notify Qlik Support that the applicable Qlik Product does not materially conform to the Documentation:
- Show repeatable working replication steps and explain expected vs. actual behavior
- Qlik will validate possible errors by following Partner’s replication steps. If Qlik is unable to replicate the reported Error, Partner will be notified.
- Qlik will work with R&D and periodically provide status updates if Qlik can replicate the Error as Partner has described it.
Full documents referenced:
- Solution Provider Partner Maintenance Policy
- Master Reseller Maintenance Policy
- OEM | SaaS | MSP Maintenance Policy
- Partners - search inside the Partner Portal
- Qlik Employees - search SFdC Content