"Error 14001: The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect" when starting a QlikView serviceArticle Number: 000044314 | Last Modified: 2018/11/21
Fortunately, the Sxstrace tool from Microsoft can help us find the root cause.
Use the Sxstrace command line tool to troubleshoot side-by-side problems:
- run an administrative command prompt
- enable tracing with: sxstrace trace -logfile:sxstrace.etl
- reproduce the issue by starting the faulty service
- go back to the command prompt and press Enter to end the tracing
- convert the tracing into a human-readable format with: sxstrace parse -logfile:sxstrace.etl -outfile:sxstrace.txt
- analyze the resulting sxstrace.txt file and, if necessary, send it to Qlik Support.
This was an example from a support case.
================= Begin Activation Context Generation. Input Parameter: Flags = 0 ProcessorArchitecture = AMD64 CultureFallBacks = en-US;en ManifestPath = c:\Program Files\QlikView\Directory Service Connector\QVDirectoryServiceConnector.exe AssemblyDirectory = c:\Program Files\QlikView\Directory Service Connector\ Application Config File = c:\Program Files\QlikView\Directory Service Connector\QVDirectoryServiceConnector.exe.Config ----------------- INFO: Parsing Application Config File c:\Program Files\QlikView\Directory Service Connector\QVDirectoryServiceConnector.exe.Config. ERROR: Line 16: XML Syntax error. ERROR: Activation Context generation failed. End Activation Context Generation.
Renaming the corrupt .config file solved this issue.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.