Users observe below symptom:
- All of the users cannot access QMC and Hub. It worked without problem and the issue started to happen all of the sudden. The error message "Object cannot be read" may be displayed.
- All of the necessary Qlik Sense ports are in listening status, no other program/process is blocking the ports.
- Qlik Sense Engine Trace logs may register lines such as the following:...
RestClient: HTTP request for url /qrs/app/<App ID>/enginedatasegment?xrfkey=ichBinEinBerlinR failed with error code 12002 (source: 1)
- Qlik Sense Repository Trace logs may have registered lines such as the following earlier:...
ERROR qlik System.Repository.Repository.Communication.StaticContent.HttpErrorResponder 47 a26190c7-f8fc-40e4-9056-59b2ff2b3143 ATRIA\QlikSense Unexpected exception when trying to serve /resources/hub/fonts/qlikview-sans-italic.ttf An operation was attempted on a nonexistent network connection at
- Qlik Sense November 2017 and earlier versions
This issue was fixed in Qlik Sense November 2017 Release - LAST Patch.
Before November 2017 Release when network related problems occur, Qlik Sense internal listener thread hangs/crashes and is unable to recover on its own unless user restarts Qlik Sense Repository Service manually.
As the result Qlik Sense repository service becomes unresponsive. From November 2017 Release and newer Qlik Sense has a feature to restart the thread automatically when it crashes to prevent this issue from happening.