NPrinting Scheduler Service starts and then stopsArticle Number: 000042636 | Last Modified: 2019/04/11
NPrinting 18 or 19 scheduler service starts and then suddenly stops. We have two articles 000036254 and 000026359 however the error in this case is because of corrupt remote user in rabbitmq.
Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler 22.214.171.124 Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.SchedulerHttpService 20171122T121515.267+05:30 FATAL BLR-NPRINT-PROD 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Unable to start SchedulerService: exception of type System.ArgumentNullException↓ queue must not be null↵↓Parameter name: queue
Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler 126.96.36.199 Qlik.NPrinting.Scheduler.SchedulerWindowsService 20171122T121515.278+05:30 FATAL BLR-NPRINT-PROD 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 Cannot start scheduler service: One or more errors occurred.
PLAIN login refused: user 'remote' - invalid credentials
• Stop NPrinting message service
• Copy the .erlang.cookie file in C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile. Go to C:\Users and open the folder of the user that installed NPrinting. Remove the .elang.cookie file there and save the same file copied before.
• Open a command prompt and type cd C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\rabbitmq_server-3.5.7\sbin
• Run rabbitmq-server.bat & leave it running
• Start another CMD window -> CMD -> cd C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\rabbitmq_server-3.5.7\sbin
• Run rabbitmqctl.bat list_permissions
If the remote user is missing add it using below commands from the command prompt where you did the list permissions
• rabbitmqctl.bat add_user remote remote
• rabbitmqctl.bat set_permissions remote ".*" ".*" ".*"
Now we have a 'remote' user and we need to give administrator rights. From the command prompt again
• rabbitmq-plugins enable rabbitmq_management
• From the web browser on the server go to this address - http://localhost:15672
Logon with username guest and password guest
Select the admin tab and users tab. The remote user will typically not have a tag so we need to set it.
• Click on the remote user
• User edit dialogue appears with a section called Update User at the bottom
• Open this section
• Enter remote as the password
• Enter administrator as the tag
• Click the Update User button
• Click the users tab again
• Both users should now have administrator tag
Stop the rabbitmq-server.bat by typing ctrl-C in the first CMD window. You should now be able to start the services again and they should all remain running.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.