In 3.2 track and older versions, you could change windows regional setting, from eg. English (United States) to German (Germany), and in Qlik Sense, the SetCollationLocale will also change directly for any new application that it will be created. However, for Qlik Sense June and in September 2017 versions some additional configurations are needed.
The steps below are necessary to change the windows regional settings - from e.g. English(United States) from to German (Germany) - in 3.2 track, but they are not enough if you are working with Qlik Sense June or September releases.
- From the control panel, select to change date, time or number formats. In the Region window and tab Formats, please select the appropriate country and click Apply (see image below)
- Go to the Location tab, change also Home location to your country of preference and click Apply (image below)
- In suite please change the System locale in the Administrative tab, click OK and Apply. Do not restart the server yet.
The steps in description are enough to change the regional settings and SetCollationLocale for Qlik Sense 3.2.x installations (restart of server is needed for 3.2.x versions).
However, one additional step is needed for Qlik Sense June and September 2017 versions.
- Click on "Copy settings..." in Administrative tab, then flag the "Welcome screen and system accounts" option in the windows that opens (see image below).
- Click OK, Apply and restart Windows server.