NP 16: QlikView Crashing when reports run from NP serverArticle Number: 000039703 | Last Modified: 2018/06/12
- NPrinting service account cannot access the location of the NPrinting files needed to automate the distribution of NPrinting reports.
- This usually occurs when the files are stored on an individuals computer or desktop or some other location which the NPrinting service account is unable to reach or access.
- Mismatched QV server and QV desktops
- Incorrect version of IE installed on NP server
1. Must use relative paths to the QVW, the NSQ and the report template
..\nprinting\logs etc etc
If a similar structure is not used, the NP server service may not be able to access the necessary files and thus result in a crash scenario since the NP service account is unable to access the necessary paths needed to run the reports in a scheduled, automated fashion as expected.
2. If network paths are used to store files needed by NPrinting, the NP service account must have full or at the very least, read and right network access permssion to NPrinting resources that may be stored on separate servers on the network. Network permissions must be assigned by your network administrator.
3. Make sure the the QlikView Desktop that is installed on the NPrinting Server is the same version as the QV server.
4. Make sure that internet explorer 11.x is installed on the NPrinting server where the QV Desktop is also installed. This is required for QlkView to work as expected.
Requirements for NPrinting 16.x.x.x versions only
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.