When a user tries to open QMC or HUB, a 404 error shows up. What to look at?Environments:
- Qlik Sense Enterprise, all versions
HTTP 404 error simply means a service on server says the requested resources cannot be found.
Now the valid question is: who said that?
When it is said by a Qlik service, then it is probably Qlik related.
When it is said by other service, then it may not be Qlik related in the first place.
It is crucial to understand who said that before deciding what to do next.
There are two categories of 404 error:
- 404 error that is from Qlik services
- 404 error that is NOT from Qlik services
One typical to differentiate these two is:
- If the 404 error shows up without a Qlik logo, it is most likely not from Qlik Services. For example:
- If the 404 error shows up with a Qlik logo, it is from Qlik Services. For example:
The approaches to each error are different as well:
- For the 404 error from Qlik services, Qlik Support needs to find out the cause by requesting following information:
- For the 404 error NOT from Qlik services, Windows Administrator needs to find out the cause by answering these questions:
- What port this URL is trying to access?
- Is the URL correct?
- What service on this server is listening to that port?
- Is the service supposed to be listening to that port?
- If not sure, always provide all the information listed above so that Qlik Support can investigate.