Qlik Sense: two categories of 404 errorArticle Number: 000039005 | Last Modified: 2019/05/21
- Qlik Sense Enterprise, all versions
Now the valid question is: who said that?
When it is said by a Qlik service, then it is probably Qlik related.
When it is said by other service, then it may not be Qlik related in the first place.
It is crucial to understand who said that before deciding what to do next.
- 404 error that is from Qlik services
- 404 error that is NOT from Qlik services
- If the 404 error shows up without a Qlik logo, it is most likely not from Qlik Services. For example:
- If the 404 error shows up with a Qlik logo, it is from Qlik Services. For example:
- For the 404 error from Qlik services, Qlik Support needs to find out the cause by requesting following information:
- Does the Service Account running Qlik Sense have the Root Admin role? (you may see error messages in the Repository Service logs such as "Unable to call endpoint /qrs/stream/monitoringapps. Message: Forbidden")
- The result of shortcut test as demonstrated in Why the shortcuts are important?
- Full URL
- A proper screenshot as described in General: How to make a proper screenshot?
- A full set of logs that covers the time stamp in screenshot
- Result of batch file in Windows Commands To Retrieve Environment Information
- For the 404 error NOT from Qlik services, Windows Administrator needs to find out the cause by answering these questions:
- What port this URL is trying to access?
- Is the URL correct?
- What service on this server is listening to that port?
- Is the service supposed to be listening to that port?
- If not sure, always provide all the information listed above so that Qlik Support can investigate.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.