Qlik Sense: How to create a new Virtual Proxy
Article Number: 000038557 | Last Modified: 2019/10/14
By default Qlik Sense creates one Virtual Proxy during installation.
If necessary, more Virtual Proxies can be created.
Here are the steps to create a second Virtual Proxy "Forms" so that users can use Forms Authentication.
Multiple Virtual Proxies can be created to fulfill different settings.
- Go to QMC > Virtual Proxies.
- Click on "Create New"
- In next screen, make sure:
- "Description" tells what this Virtual Proxy is for.
- "Prefix" needs to be some string that makes sense.
- "Session cookie header name" needs to be different to the ones in existing Virtual Proxies.
- For this particular example, "Authentication" is set to "Form".
- Appropriate server node is added.
- Any other modifications.
- Hit Apply and answer "Yes" in next screen.
- Now go to Start > Proxies
- Double-click on the Proxy that you would like to associate the newly created Virtual Proxy with.
- Next screen, click "Virtual Proxies" on the right.
- Next screen, click "Add" > "Link existing".
- Next screen, select the newly created Virtual Proxy then hit "Link".
- Hit "Refresh QMC" in the dialog.
- Now add "form/"(this is the "Prefix" setting above) before "QMC" or "HUB" in URL, users can use form login.
- When using normal URL, Windows Authentication is still used.