Error while leasing license: "Connected server OK, negotiations timed out Switching to HTTP tunneling Connected to server OK, No reply received"
Article Number: 000038479 | Last Modified: 2018/06/12
Whenever a user tries to lease a license from Qlikview server we receive following error with details.
"Connected server OK, negotiations timed out Switching to HTTP tunneling Connected to server OK, No reply received. ".
Verified and make sure that the firewall and port 4747 is open and not blocked and followed all the steps to lease a license. User is having a valid license which could be leased to Qlikview Desktop.
Timeout value set is not long enough for the client and server to negotiate the connection. This can happen if the client is not in the same geographic location as the QVServer or other network latency issues are occurring in the environment.
Please check timeout value in QlikView desktop by following below steps,
1. click on Help from menubar
2. click on About Qlikview
3. right click on Qlikview logo at the bottom left of the pop-up window
4. scroll through the list until you see ServerConnectionTimeout
5. note down this value (default value is 5000, the value is milliseconds)
6. increase ServerConnectionTimeout value to 20000 or 30000 milliseconds.