The QlikView Desktop client or IE Plugin return the error "Connected server OK, negotiations timed out Switching to HTTP tunneling Connected to server OK, No reply received
". Documents cannot be opened and Licenses cannot be leased.
Port 4747 is available.
Timeout value set is not long enough for the client and server to negotiate the connection. This can happen if the client is not in the same geographic location as the QVServer or other network latency issues are occurring in the environment.
Permissions to RSA\MachineKeys
This indicates that the user running the QlikView client does not have permissions to read/write to and from the RSA\MachineKeys directory. Contact a System Administrator to grand full-access right to:
- Windows XP: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys
- Windows 7 and up: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Crypto\RSA\MachineKeys
Server Connection Timeout
To configure the timeout setting:
- Click Help in the menu bar of the Desktop Client
- Click on About QlikView
- Right click on the QlikView logo in the bottom left of the pop-up window
- Scroll through the list until you see ServerConnectionTimeout
- Increase the value to 20000 or 30000 milliseconds.