This article provides steps to resolve the error message "Wrong user name or password. Please try again." upon log in to Qlik Sense Desktop using Qlik Account :
When using a proxy to access Internet, Qlik Sense Desktop sometimes requests the credentials necessary to access the Proxy Servers, before the authentication step with a Qlik ID.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Ensure that latest version of Qlik Sense Desktop is installed and in use
- If you know that your computer is using a Proxy Server to access Internet, go to step 3. Otherwise, determine if you are using a proxy by going to:
- Control Panel
- Network & Internet
- Internet Options > Tab Connections
- LAN settings
If a Proxy is used, one of the yellow lines should be ticked :
- If a proxy is used, enter the credentials necessary to access the Proxy Servers. In general, it is the same credentials used to log to your Windows account.
- Once connected to the Proxy Server, enter the Qlik account credentials to authenticate.
- In case of the error "Server Authentication Attempt Failed", see the article Unable to Login to Qlik Sense Desktop Due to Server Authentication Attempt Failed Error.