The QlikView document thumbnail not refreshing on AccessPointArticle Number: 000038326 | Last Modified: 2019/07/15
Restarting the QlikView Server service refreshes the thumbnail.
This behaviour differs between QlikView 11.20 and later 12 versions.
The thumbnail of the document is refreshed automatically and at an interval.
In prior versions of QlikView (11.20), this update happened every (1) one minute. In later releases (12.00 and up), the interval was changed to 16.6 hours (1000 minutes).
This behavior is due to an optimization to speed up the OpenAccessPoint action: the thumbnails are now maintained in the thumbnail cache, and this cache is refreshed, by default, every 16.6 hours (1000 minutes) and immediately upon a restart of the QlikViewServer service.
The 1000 default minutes can be adjusted to a custom number.
To change the setting:
1. Stop the QlikView Server Service
2. Edit the settin.ini file located in “C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\QlikViewServer”
3. Add “QvThumbnailCacheUpdateInterval=X” inside the [Settings 7] section of the file, where X equals the custom number in minutes
[Settings 7] QvThumbnailCacheUpdateInterval=2
NOTE: The setting.ini must have an empty line at the end, in order for settings to apply.
4. Save the file and start the QlikView Server Service
5. Restart the QlikView WebServer service, or if using IIS, perform an IISRESET from a CMD prompt
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.