There are times that a video providing steps to reproduce or resolve an issue can help explain issues to clients can be very helpful. Also if you would like to create a video for an article.
Within Windows 10, this can be done without downloading or using any other 3rd party software.
How to do it:
- Go to the app / screen you want to record and press the 'Windows' key with the letter 'G' (Win + G) to open the Game Bar.
- You will want to click on the screen that says "Do you want to open Game Bar?"
- Once the Game Bar is loaded, then you can choose the action you would like to preform. IE: screenshot or start recording
- While you are recording, a small, red recording notification bar will sit at the top of the screen:
- You can use the notification bar to reopen the Game Bar to stop recording or you can press the Windows key + G again to bring up the bar
- When the recording is complete, you can find the file by going to File Explore --> This PC -->Videos-->Captures