How to connect to a public dataset from Google Big Query using Qlik Web Connectors and Qlik Google Big Query Connector
Article Number: 000037637 | Last Modified: 2018/06/12
Trying to establish a direct connection and query between Qlik Google BigQuery Connector and a public available dataset from Google Big Query (https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/public-data/) fails. A billing account of Google Big Query is set up and the Qlik connector (QlikWebConnectors2.2.0) is set upt correctly. Still the connection nor the query can be made.
Limitation by Google.
In order to query the Public data sets available through Google Big Query following steps have to be taken:
1. Please set up the Qlik WebConnector as specified on the help site.
2. Please set up the Google Big Query Connector as specified on our helpsite:
3. Once the Google Big Query Account is set up a project inside the Google Big Query account needs to be created. The the public dataset has to be loaded into to the project inside the Google Big Query. Examples for the queries on Google platform can be found here: https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/quickstart-web-ui
4. Once the public data is loaded into your project, it will be able to load the dataset through Qlik Googel Big Query connector as specified here:
5. Unfortunately it's not possible to directly access and query the public sample datasets with the Qlik Google Big Query Connector. This is a restriction with Google BigQuery and not Qlik's Connector. More useful links here: https://community.qlik.com/thread/238419