Qlik Sense: Does User Directory Connector supports LDAPS?
Article Number: 000037612 | Last Modified: 2019/01/17
Does UDC in Qlik Sense support LDAP?
If LDAPS is using a certificate that is not trusted by the server that runs Repository Service, UDC fetch will fail.
Only setup UDC after making sure the certificate is trusted.
Yes. UDC in Qlik Sense supports LDAPS, as long as the certificate is trusted.
How to confirm? Here are a few steps:
- Download and run LDAP Admin on the server that runs Repository.exe(Repository Service) as the Service Account.
- Setup a connection to LDAP server enabling SSL:
- Hit "Test connection". If connect successfully, then the certificate is trusted. Now proceed to setting up UDC in Qlik Sense.
- If below Warning shows up, that means the certificate is NOT trusted:
- Fix the untrusted certificate before attempting UDC setup otherwise UDC will fail.
- For more information, click on "View" to see why a certificate is not trusted. Additionally, refer to this article: General: what does the certificate error(red cross) in browser mean and how to fix it