Microsoft excel stops working in Nprinting Designer when a user tries to add 'Value from cells' to a chart created in the Nprinting Designer template editor.
- create excel report in Nprinting
- In report template editor select a level with one or two sum columns
- add the level and sum fields to the template editor
- create a chart using the added fields
- try to add 'values from cells' of 2 sum columns to the chart
(this issue can also be reproduced by adding cells of one column)
Excel raises this error when it is embedded inside another program (NP Designer). The same problem occurs when using a Excel document embedded inside a Word document.
The issue is caused by the Microsoft Excel and not NPrinting.
The suggested workaround is to:
- open a new empty Excel document,
- copy all worksheet's content from NP Designer template to the new document,
- add the 'values from cells',
- copy the entire modified sheet to the Designer template.