The Qlik NPrinting Scheduler WIndows Service Crashes and shuts down.
This scheduler crashing behavior can happen when NPrinting is installed with one user account and upgraded using a different user account.
*NOTE: This scheduler crashing behavior can happen can also happen when an incorrect version of the NP database is restored to the NP server*
ie: 17.3.1 cannot be restored to any NP server but an NP 17.3.1 server. Restoring 17.3.1 to a 17.4 server for example will cause the NPrinting services to fail
A. Fix Erlang .Cookie
B. Check for NPrinting service account profile user variable that has been moved to a different drive.
- Open an administrator command prompt and navigate to C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\rabbitmq_server-3.5.7\sbin
- Type “rabbitmqctl.bat list_permissions” without quotes and click enter.
- View the message for instructions to resolve. ie: check for 'node is down message'
- The message will show which user account installed NP 17. In this example the user is C:\Users\Administrator.DOMAIN.000
- Copy the erlang cookie from c:\windows\erlang.cookie
- To c:\users\npserviceuser\appdata\erlang.cookie.
- This will ensure the erlang cookies match for the Windows erlang cookie and the user account that appears when checking rabbit permissions.
- Restart all NPrinting services
- Repeat step 1 above: Open an administrator command prompt and navigate to C:\Program Files\NPrintingServer\rabbitmq_server-3.5.7\sbin
- Repeat step 2 above: Type “rabbitmqctl.bat list_permissions” without quotes and click enter.
- You should see Three Asterisks to indicate a healthy system and the scheduler service should now start.
If the user profile variable path is using anything other than the default path on the c:drive it must be moved back to the c:drive as follows:
You may also set the path explicitly as follows: