In Qlik Sense, when moving from synced persistence to shared persistence, further configuration is needed for the Repository PostgreSQL database to listen to requests from the rim nodes to allow database access to the rim nodes. The number of connections will increase by 100 connections per node.
Based on the above, the central node repository log files will show warnings and errors such as:...ERROR: occurred because all pooled connections were in use and max pool size was reached.
Error when committing remaining connection slots are reserved for non-replication superuser connections↵↓The underlying provider failed on Open.↵↓Exception of type 'Repository.Core.Exceptions.TransactionException' was thrownEnvironment:
- Qlik Sense Enterprise, all versions
To resolve this issue, please do the following changes:
- Stop all Qlik Sense Services on all nodes
- Open the file located in C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.6 (for Qlik Sense June 2017 and higher) or C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\PostgreSQL\9.3 (for Qlik Sense 3.x Shared Persistence)
- You may need to open Notepad with Administrative rights
- Search for the string max_connections
- Adjust the value here to be 100 x the number of Nodes in Qlik Sense including the Central node
- e.g: A Central node and 2 RIMs would require 300 connections
- Search further in the config file for max_connections to ensure that there is only 1 entry for this setting
- Save the file
- Start all Qlik Sense services on all nodes
See referenced help page section Configuration PostgreSQL multi-node connections