Exporting a story with embedded sheets does not respect selections: QlikSense September 2017 and prior releases.Article Number: 000035073 | Last Modified: 2020/04/21
Notice that starting from Qlik Sense November 2017 the behavior has changed. Qlik Sense exports embedded sheets maintaining the selections that they have in the storytelling as reported in the help page:
- Qlik Sense September 2017 and prior releases
This will be corrected in the future to make the behaviour more intuitive, but it will take time and a release date is not provided.
- ID: 1641 - Export new selections made on story
This behaviour is different with embedded sheets.Embedded sheets have a special filter application system:
- If you make a selection (eg Italy) and import an embedded sheet, Qlik Sense creates a bookmark with that selection and applies it to the embedded sheet in storytelling.
- If you make another selection (eg Germany) and import a second embedded sheet, another bookmark is created and applied to the second embedded sheet.
- You will have two pages in the storytelling, each with the data of a country.
- You may expect that by exporting, you get a sheet for Italy and one for Germany; Unfortunately this is not the case.
- Sheet bookmarks can not be applied sequentially.
- In practice, the result is that the all the embedded sheets have the same selections, and it is the selection of the sheet opened before the export.
- The story export has the selection when you embed the sheet not the one you select during navigating the story
If you go to the second sheet, with Germany selected, and then open a story and export, you will see everything filtered for Germany.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.