Collaborate with over 60,000 Qlik technologists and members around the world to get answers to your questions, and maximize success.Join Us
Qlik Sense 3.1 SR2
General instructions and documentation regarding upgrade process of Qlik Sense 3.1 SR2 to latest Qlik Sense (April 2018)
This table shows the available direct upgrade paths that are available regarding the persistence model, shared or synchronized persistence.
For direct upgrade to Qlik Sense latest version (April 2018), you need to get your Qlik Sense environment at least to Qlik Sense 3.1 SR2, and have your repository database on shared persistence
|Original deployment version||Persistence model||Upgrade to shared persistence||Upgrade to synchronized persistence|
|Qlik Sense 3.1 SR1 or earlier||Shared||N/A||N/A|
|Qlik Sense 3.1 SR2 or later||Shared||Yes||N/A|
|Synchronized||Yes, on central node||Yes|
More information can be found at qlik.help.com:
- always evaluate your steps in isolated/sandbox environment
1. Prepare your repository database (migrate to shared persistence)
- See article: How to identify Synchronized and Shared Persistence installation
- If your DataBase is on sync persistence, migrate it to shared persistence: link
- If your DataBase is already on shared persistence, proceed with instructions given at 2.
2. Perform your upgrade to latest version of Qlik Sense
- Ensure that you are on at minimum to Qlik Sense 3.1 SR2
- Upgrade process webpage: link
Q: Any known pitfalls we need to consider when performing the upgrade?
A: If you are on synchronized persistence, and you perform your upgrade directly by going to step 2., installer would move your repository DataBase from synchronized to shared persistence, your apps won't be migrated, and you can validate their status at migration logs with following message: App Migration failed:1003: <no additional data>. Apply resolution steps in following article: Qlik Sense Upgrade App Migration Failed:1003: <no additional data>
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.