In some cases, a customer or partner has network policies preventing certain ports from being used or has specific port requirements that the NPrinting Default Ports do not meet. As such, this article describes how to change NPrinting 17 default ports for NPrinting Web Console port 4993 and NPrinting NewsStand port 4994 to different port numbers.
In some cases, a customer or partner has network policies preventing certain ports from being used or has specific port requirements that the NPrinting Default Ports do not meet or the customer may wish to change the port because it is in use by another program or process.
PLEASE NOTE: that incorrectly applying the steps below may cause your NPrinting server to cease operating. Backup all config files before making any of the changes below.
In the following path, you will find the webengine.config
Before you being, make sure to make a backup copy of the webengine.config
1. Open this file with a text editor
2. Change the following parameters in this file to which ever port you require from the default port values for the Webconsole 4993 and the NewsStand 4994:
3. Save the webengine.config file after making the above changes
4. Restart the Qlik NPrinting Webengine service.
5. Switch to your Web Browser and ensure that you update your NPrinting Web Console and NewsStand bookmarks to use your newly updated port valuesFor exampleOriginal:
It is NOT necessary to change the app.conf file port information in the following files