How to Resolve NPrinting report or report task fails with Wrong content node response type or unprocessed request(s) and other log error messagesArticle Number: 000032359 | Last Modified: 2018/10/30
You click o preview and after some seconds you get an error message on screen:
The preview request failed with message: "Wrong content node response type" or "unprocessed request(s)"
The message can be different in some cases. Generally, it reports that there is an error in a node.
Error message "Sequence contains no elements" in the NPrinting logs
You may also see these error messages in the NPrinting scheduler log files.
are affecting both QlikView and Qlik Sense
- Calculated Dimensions (refer to the QlikView documentation to learn more on calculated dimensions):
NPrinting can not create a filter using a calculated dimensions because it cannot identify the fields the dimension is created from.
NPrinting filters are created from fields and values sets made by existing values.
Calculated Dimensions are created by formulas involving one or more fields. At the moment, NPrinting does not have a parse function
that can identify the field inside the formula. Moreover, calculated dimensions may involve more than one field and it will be
impossible, in this case, to perform the correct selections required by the level.
- Null values do not exist as field values in QlikView or Qlik Sense. They are a special values that do not have a FieldValueIndex.
They are not filterable. There are some null values that may work if the table has no relation with the record of another table, but they are difficult to distinguish from the other kinds.
- Invalid expressions cannot be managed by NPrinting. The QVW or QVF must be accurately constructed or may result in a failed Cache Generation or failed report preview or distribution
- Unsupported Items exist in the QVW or the QVF
- Older versions of NPrinting which have known bugs that cannot manage Gauge or other complex charts using heavy, complex formulas
2. Be sure that there are not fields based on calculated dimensions in your levels. Calculated dimensions in levels are not
supported, they must be substituted with simple dimensions. These dimensions can be loaded via the load script so they appear as simple dimensions to NPrinting. Side benefit doing so will thus also improve performance of your QVW since the calculation is done in the load script rather than in the reloaded QVW.
3. If you are working with levels on pages or with PixelPerfect reports, be sure that the table in the level does not contain null
4. If no pages or levels are used, simply:
- reload the metadata for the report affected
- right click on all chart objects in the NP Designer separately. Click on the 'update' button
- you will receive a message 1 or more rows has been affected
- click 'ok'
- preview the report
Your source contain the Year field that contains the values 2012, 2013 and 2014 but you added a filter with Year = 2015 to the report
You added to the report the filter Year = 2014 and the Country field to the Levels node. Remember that adding a field in the Levels node is like a filter. When the report is created it is possible that a value of Country has an empty data set for the year selected. For example, there are no sales in Italy in 2014. This will generate the error.
6. The error message "unprocessed request(s)" indicates:
- that you may have an invalid expression in one of your dimensions or chart measures/expressions. You need to find the broken measures/expressions so that there is no error message like 'Garbage after...'
The expression should read as 'ok'
- there are unsupported items in the QVW or QVF which need to be removed
7. Sequence contain no elements: Gauge and other charts with complex formulas not supported in earlier versions of NPrinting. Upgrade to NPrinting February 2018 or higher (preferably the latest version of NPrinting) to leverage all bug fixes.
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.