"Prepare Data" button not working for non-Root Admin users
Article Number: 000032207 | Last Modified: 2019/01/17
- A "Data could not be added to Data manager" error is displayed when using the Prepare data button in the Add data wizard in Qlik Sense Enterprise.
- However, data is loaded normally when using Load data and Finish button.
- In certain cases, this issue happens only to users who are not Root Admin. Users with Root Admin role can use function normally
- Make sure the above-mentioned path exists in Qlik Sense server
- Check if Qlik Sense service account has full control to this folder
- There is a default security rule named DataPrepAppCacheAccessRule, which allows all users except anonymous users to access this cache folder. Make sure this security rule is NOT disabled (note that when this rule is disabled, Root Admin users can still access the folder and therefore can still use Prepare data button)
Prepare data function needs to read cached data in folder C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps\DataPrepAppCache. If Qlik Sense fails to read this data for some reason (insufficient permission, invalid path, etc.), this will cause the Prepare data function to break.