When using Qlik SAP Report Connector, some reports in the SAP System can't be handled by the Qlik SAP Report Connector.
Those are for example
- Reports where the layout is too complex
- Reports that are too large (the maximum width is 1000 characters)
- Reports that do not create a spool file (which is the output format that the connector retrieves).
It is necessary to check if a report in the SAP System can be handled by the Qlik SAP Report Connector before fetching data in Qllikview.
1. To check if the report create a spool file
, chose Execute and Print
or Execute in Background
when running the report and inspect the spool queue afterwards.
2. Test the report using /QTQVC/CALL_REPORT
* Use Transaction SE37
* Enter function module name /QTQVC/CALL_REPORT and Press the test button
* Enter MODE, your REPORT name and VARIANT name (WINUSER and WINIPNR are not necessary) and press the ‘Execute’ button
- If successful, there will be entries in the tables at the bottom of the screen
- Otherwise there will be an error message in the top part of the screen.