How Point to a Different Instance of QlikSense from NPrinting 17.x
Article Number: 000029509 | Last Modified: 2018/06/12
If you have pointed your NPrinting instance to, for example > a test environment, but now you want to use NPrinting with a different QlikSense Environment, for example > Production Environment, the instructions in the article with help you to do so.*Please NOTE: Due to a limitation on Qlik Sense certificates, Qlik NPrinting can only connect to one Qlik Sense installation at a time.
- Need to point to a different QlikSense server environment.
- There are no settings which allow quick swap between Sense Environments.
- Steps 1-9 in this article must be done when ever pointing the NP 17.x server to a different QlikSense environment
- It is NOT possible to connect NPrinting to multiple instances of QlikSense simultaneously
If you have pointed your NPrinting instance to:
for example > Test environment
but now you want to use NPrinting with a different QlikSense Environment,
or example > Production Environment
Take the following steps.
1. Ensure that you have a separate dedicated NP service account on the new target QlikSense server.
2. Make the NP service account on the new target QlikSense server is made a ROOTADMIN on the QlikSense server.
3. Export the certificates from the Target Sense Server and move them to the NPrinting Engine server. Use the full computer name of the machine running the NPrinting Engine that you want to use to connect to Qlik Sense Apps. For example: qlikserver1.qlik.com
Ensure that you do not use a password
Ensure that you select 'Include Secret Key' check box
4. Import the Certificates from the NPrinting server using the tutorial below
5. Restart all NPrinting Services
-Qlik NPrinting Engine service
-Qlik NPrinting Scheduler service
-Qlik NPrinting Web Engine service
-Qlik NPrinting Messaging Service
-Qlik NPrinting Repo Service
6. Update all NP connections to use the correct Sense App ID's from the new QlikSense target server. The Sense AP ID's will be different on the Production server. (Object IDs remain the same).
7. Update all NP connections to use the correct identity which will be the dedicated service account which is ROOTADMIN on the new target QlikSense server (see step 2 above).
8. Update all NP connections to use the correct proxy address which points to the new QlikSense environment.
9. Regenerate all NPrinting connections on the NP server after performing steps 1 thru 8 above.