In 2.X and 3.X version, sometimes when try to remove RIM node through QMC delete button doesn't work. Wait for hours without any confirmation. Refresh, restart services/server machine doesn't resolve the problem.
steps should not perform until database has been backup How to backup PostgreSQL database in Qlik Sense
, especially in customer's production environment should have backup and restore procedure to make sure anything goes wrong, the environment still can restore current working status.
If backup has been done, steps below:Method 1:
- Run Database Cleanup Script For Qlik Sense Enterprise 2.x And 3.x on Central node, to make sure the database as clean as possible
- Access Repository Database on Central Node by following How To Connect To And Modify The PostgreSQL Database Used For Qlik Sense Repository
- Once connected, then run query by click on the query icon
- Run query to show most of the data in SyncSessions table excluding the last couple of weeks data, for example:
- Replace “select *” with “delete” and it will wipe that data out
- Now try to delete the RIM node(s) again
The SyncSessions table should be huge on the Central Node but smaller on the Rims, you can also clean those up with the same query
On the Central Node it is 1 line for each server in the site every time it syncs, ie a 5 node site should be 5 lines every 15 seconds.
On the Rim it only talks to the Central Node so its 1 line every 15 secondsMethod 2:
- Get Node ID by go to QMC->Node, show ID like below:
- Copy the RIM(s) ID and Replace to attached script file
- Run the clean up script on Central Node
NOTE: this script is developed in 2.0.8, which hasn't tested in 3.X version, use with cautions.