This article describes cannot reach host error when registering or re-register a RIM node.Cannot reach the following remote host when distributing certificates: http://nodename:4444/setup/certificateDistribution
What are the possible causes?Environment:
- Qlik Sense Enterprise February 2019 and later
1. See related article Qlik Sense - Node is offline - Failed to retrieve service status from 'http://Servername:4444/status/' (Unable to connect to the remote server)
2. See related article Rim node offline in QMC, bootstrap shows "Waiting for initial configuration to be run by node"
3. To be able to re-register a deleted RIM node, it is necessary to uninstall the Qlik Sense on RIM node and reinstall it before the node re-registration.
The "Remove Qlik Sense certificates and data folders"
option should be selected when uninstall the Qlik Sense Enterprise Server. See Deleting Nodes
as the reference. Note:
If the reinstall of the RIM node doesn't solve the issue
- The Qlik Sense service account need to be a member of the Administrator group on the RIM node when the re-distribution of the certificate is perform. Certificate distribution to Rim nodes is considered a deployment (installation) task. As such, administrative privileges are needed.
- If the service account is found without administrative local rights (added to the local administrators group on the server), then add it, restart the services, and try again.
- If this cannot be achieved in the environment, please review the information under Using an account without administrator privileges to run the Qlik Sense services during the installation of a node
, it could be an issue from the Central node being corrupted.
In that case the solution would be to repair it:
Control Panel --> Programs and Features --> click "Change" on Qlik Sense and then Repair