Information Required To Troubleshoot Unexpected Results In QlikView ApplicationArticle Number: 000024257 | Last Modified: 2018/06/14
The issue can typically have one of many symptoms:
- Chart is not rendered as expected
- Results in chart are not calculated as expected
- User has access to incorrect data
- Data is missing in application
- Affect all users
- Affect some users
- Occurs randomly
- Occurs on specific times
- Occurs on specific dates
Support Case Details
- Full Qlik product name
- Full Qlik product version
- Qlik product license in use when issue occurs
- Date when issue was observed
- Time when issue was observed
- User(s) reporting the issue
- Full username (domain\user) to allow mapping to system logs
- Specify multiple users affected, to enable comparing user right and usage patterns
- Define how many users are affected
- Define expected result, screenshot can be helpful if feasible
- Define observed result, screenshot can be helpful if feasible
- Complete set of server logs for the affected date, see How To Collect QlikView Server Log Files
- QlikView Server deployment details, see How to get Technical Information from QlikView Server
- Sample application files, to allow replication and data structure analysis
- QlikView Appliction (QVW) file, scrmabled data if relevant How to scramble data in QlikView application (QVW) files
- QlikView Server Object (.shared) file
- How is application opened? IE Plugin, Full browser (AJAX) client or desktop client?
- Which application is accessed?
- Which sheet is accessed? Sheet ID is preferred reference.
- Which object is the issue seen in? Object ID is preferred reference.
- What selections are applied when issue occurs? How are these selections applied? Please define in sequence, for example as:
- Select value A in listox LB04
- Search for ">10" in listbox LB10
- Deselect values 1 and 4 in listbox LB22
- In what way is the result unexpected?
- Is dynamic reduction applied through Section Access?
- Is static reduction applied during reload in QlikView Publisher?
Have a Question?
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.