Investigating unexpected calculation results in a QlikView application can be quite difficult due to the irregular nature of the issue.
The issue can typically have one of many symptoms:
- Chart is not rendered as expected
- Results in chart are not calculated as expected
- User has access to incorrect data
- Data is missing in application
The re-occurrence of the issue can also vary:
- Affect all users
- Affect some users
- Occurs randomly
- Occurs on specific times
- Occurs on specific dates
Below list shows the minimum set of details required to initiate a complete investigation. Please provide as much as possible of these details, to enable Qlik Support to investigate or analyse the issue.
Support Case Details
- Full Qlik product name
- Full Qlik product version
- Qlik product license in use when issue occurs
- Date when issue was observed
- Time when issue was observed
- User(s) reporting the issue
- Full username (domain\user) to allow mapping to system logs
- Specify multiple users affected, to enable comparing user right and usage patterns
- Define how many users are affected
- How is application opened? IE Plugin, Full browser (AJAX) client or desktop client?
- Which application is accessed?
- Which sheet is accessed? Sheet ID is preferred reference.
- Which object is the issue seen in? Object ID is preferred reference.
- What selections are applied when issue occurs? How are these selections applied? Please define in sequence, for example as:
- Select value A in listox LB04
- Search for ">10" in listbox LB10
- Deselect values 1 and 4 in listbox LB22
- In what way is the result unexpected?
- Is dynamic reduction applied through Section Access?
- Is static reduction applied during reload in QlikView Publisher?