During an installation or upgrade of Qlik Sense, the administrator encounters an error indicating that the validation of the Qlik Sense service account has failed.
The most common reason for this is that the credentials entered are not valid. So to be sure that these credentials work elsewhere (e.g. try to launch an application using these credentials like Notepad.exe)
Other potential causes:
- Server service not running (when using a local account)
- Service user is present in the Kerberos form : firstname.lastname@example.org vs. NetBiosDomainName\User as here reported.
- Generalized timeout validating the credentials
- Start > Administrative Tools > Services
- Navigate to the Server service:
- Start the Server service
- Re-enter the credentials
- Cancel the installer
- Start > Command Prompt
- Change the directory to the directory where the installer is present
- Execute the installer using the skipvalidation parameter
- Before 3.1.2: -skipvalidation
- 3.1.2 or higher: skipvalidation=1
- Example: Qlik_Sense_setup.exe skipvalidation=1
- Continue through the installer
- Note: When using this configuration flag the installer will do no validation of the credentials entered. If bad credentials are entered, then the administrator will encounter a failure of the services to start due to these incorrect credentials.