Connections fail to generate in NPrinting 17 with large QlikView apps.
How to Improve NPrinting 17.x.x.x Connection Generation Performance:
- Copy, then reduce the QVW to a data set necessary for generating reports, i.e. such that it is 500 mb(*1) or less for example.
- Remove any charts etc. not necessary for reporting purposes. This will also reduce the size of the QVW.
- Remove any alternate states, triggers - sheet and document, and the list box property 'only one selected', Variables using as selection values/critera on the QV desktop as well as Input Boxes. (These items are NOT supported with NPrinting)
- If the reporting QVW contains several containers, remove any reporting charts from the containers.
- Try connecting to the document directly instead of via QVP. Performance may be improved with a direct connection particularly if network connectivity is limited or under duress. (do not take this step with On Demand Connections).
*1 500 MB is just a reference value, It totally depends on actual machine resource and application design of the document.