Collaborate with over 60,000 Qlik technologists and members around the world to get answers to your questions, and maximize success.Join Us
"QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Directory Service Connector is offline" is an error message when QlikView Distribution Service cannot reach QlikView Directory Service Connector Service.
As a result, the reload task may fail. The error indicates a communication problem between the QDS/QVB and DSC services. Listed below are steps that can be performed to possibly resolve the issue.
1. Restart the servers that the QlikView Distribution Service (QDS) and QlikView Directory Connector Service (DSC) are installed upon.
2. Check if the DSC service is running via the Windows Services applet and validate via the DSC service Log.
If the DSC is running, and no errors are output to the DSC Log, DSC is running without issue.
3. Check if any Proxy Server is configured in the Internet Explorer browser on the server(s). If a Proxy is configured, remove it or set it to 'bypass local' option and validate the issue is resolved.
4. Check to see if any local Firewalls are enabled on the servers and may interfere with traffic/communication between QDS and DSC services. If there is a local Firewall, disable it or set the proper port exceptions and validate if the issue is resolved. A list of all requires ports can be found on help.qlik.com as there are many that must be opened inbound/outbound for tasks to work.
5. Check if TCP port 4730 is blocked. If the port is blocked, open it inbound to the server running the DSC service and validate if the issue is resolved.
6. Check if DNS is resolving the FQDN of the server to which the DSC is installed. Use the NSLOOKUP command to check the configuration and be sure the response is proper. A non-authoritative response indicates issues.
7. Create a new account and assign the new account to all of the QlikView Services including the QDS and DSC Services
Note: The service account must be a member of both the Local Administrator group and "QlikView Administrators" security groups on each server that is running QlikView services. If the QlikView Services are installed on different machines, the account should be a domain account instead of a local account.
Note: attach all document and task logs to the Qlik case so that Qlik Support can assist.
Search Qlik's Support Knowledge database or request assisted support for highly complex issues.Submit a case
Experiencing a serious issue, please contact us by phone. View phone numbers and hours by region.