Qlik Sense App (QVF) file can not be accessed due to file corruption.
The error message can vary when attempting to open an app in Qlik Sense Hub or Qlik Sense Desktop:
- "The App file you are attempting to load from is corrupt"
- "Corrupted Data"
- "Unknown Error"
Additionally reload task can also fail due to the app file being corrupt, which makes it impossible to open for the Qlik Sense Engine.
The app file corruption can be caused by bugs QLIK-47976 and QLIK-47208, which trigger if Qlik Sense Engine is terminated through Qlik Sense browser window or process being closed while Qlik Sense Engine is saving an app to file. Without a save indicator the user can unintentionally close the browser and cause the file corruption. Both bugs
have been corrected in Qlik Sense service release 2.0.8 and feature release 2.2.
Please notice that file corruption can also be triggered by user or administrator action, which impact timing of file writing and can end with an incomplete file write:
- Abnormal server shutdown
- Windows going to hibernate mode
- Qlik Sense Services stopped manually during app development
- Not enough space on hard drive for Windows page file
- Not enough space on hard drive to store updated app file
- Not enough space on hard drive to store repository database changes
- High number of Qlik Sense tabs opened for the same app in browser during development
The file corruption is generally irreversible, and can only be recovered from backup or by recreating the app file. In rare cases the app can be recovered by opening it without data
in Qlik Sense hub or Qlik Sense Desktop client.
To avoid the issue it is recommended to update the Qlik Sense environment to service release 2.0.8 or feature release 2.2.
Please consider the The Difference Between Qlik Sense Service Release And Feature Release
, if you are considering to upgrade from Qlik Sense Service Release 2.0.x to feature release 2.2. Please see Qlik Help
for instructions before doing a update or upgrade, or contact Qlik Support for more detailed upgrade advice.