The reload task fails with a message like this in the document log:
Failed reload log shows errors when loading Archived Logs like: FROM 'lib://ArchivedLogsFolder/servername\Engine\Audit\XXXX.log'
(txt, utf8, embedded labels, delimiter is '\t', msq)
AND CounterName <> 'Layout' and CounterName <> 'Properties'
Error: Field not found - <CounterName>
General Script Error
2017-11-10 10:16:48 0454 WHERE isnum(Sequence#)
2017-11-10 10:16:48 Error: Field 'Sequence#' not found
2017-11-10 10:16:48 Execution Failed
2017-11-10 10:16:48 Execution finished.
The steps below apply where it cannot find any field. The field that cannot be found includes but is not limited to CounterName, ProxySessionIDEnvironment:
- Qlik Sense License and Operations Monitor apps 2.0 and respective Qlik Sense Enterprise version.
- Qlik Sense November 2018 and respective Qlik Sense Operations Monitoring app.
Occasionally when Qlik Sense services stop, they do not fully write to the logs in the expected format.
- Monitoring app version 2.1.1 (listed in the release notes with bug ID QLIK-35804)
- For Qlik Sense November 2018 monitoring app(s), only the workaround below has been confirmed.
Modify the License and Operations Monitor apps such that it will continue parsing logs even if it fails to fully parse a particular log.
- When logged in to the server, import a new copy of the problematic app from C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Repository\DefaultApps (You will need to give it a new name, i.e. License Monitor (New))
- Go to the Hub to the My Work section and open the application
- Click on Open to go to the Data Load Editor
- Go to the Run Logic section
- It will initially look like below. For reference the screenshots are from the Operations Monitor but the principle applies to the License Monitor as well even though the load script will look slightly different.
- Wrap the section labelled working: with the following code:
//begin ignoring errors parsing logs
set errormode = 0;
//end ignoring errors parsing logs
set errormode = 1;
This will look something like this:
- Save the file
- Reload from the Hub or QMC
- From the Hub: Click on the Load Data icon in the upper right hand corner
- From the QMC: Apps > Select the new License or Operations Monitor App > More Actions > Reload Now
- Ensure that it has reloaded successfully
- Delete the original License or Operations Monitor app
- Rename the new copy, i.e. License Monitor (New) will be renamed to License Monitor
- Publish the new app to the Monitoring Apps stream
- Create a reload task to reload the new app. The default reload schedule for the default apps is to reload every hour, but you can set to this to be as frequent as your needs require.