Qlik Sense installation is finished successfully, but the installation summary shows that Qlik Sense services have failed to start properly.
You may also see "Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start control request in a timely fashion when trying to start the services."
That the Qlik Sense Repository Service is stuck in a state of "Starting"
Please check the information message associated with each failing service, by clicking the
symbol(s) for additional details on the reason for failed service.
See Troubleshooting an installation
on Qlik Help as reference for most common reasons on to how the failing services can be resolved.
If the issues remain after following the Troubleshooting an installation
a final reason can be that the service restart reaches default Windows timeout. This part can be resolved by extending the default Windows timeout as described below. IMPORTANT: Changes to Windows registry are not supported by Qlik Support, so please make sure that you can recover if the change leads to problems.
- Go to Windows Start menu and click Run...
- Type regedit, and then click OK.
- Go to the registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
- In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry. Note If the ServicesPipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:
a. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD 32-bit Value.
b. Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
Notice that the value is spelled ServicesPipeTimeout, with services in plural.
- Right-click ServicesPipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
- Click Decimal, type 120000, and then click OK. This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
Note: The default value is 120000 milliseconds (2 minutes). If you are encountering issues, you will need to adjust this to 300000 (5 minutes) or higher in some cases.
- Restart the computer.