The Access Violation error message is generic.
It is sometimes caused by corrupt QlikView NPRinting or Microsoft Office installations.
If the issue persists, please provide additional information to Qlik Support to enabled further analysis of the issue.
- QlikView NPRinting Eureka log
- Go to File > Option> Popular
- Select the "enable advanced error management" option.
- QlikView NPrinting will create an Eureka Log file containing many useful information on the problem when you replicate the error.
- QlikView Desktop version and Service Release (SR) being used
- Version of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel or Power Point)
- Windows version and service pack (SP)
- Describe the sequence of steps that generates the error
- A copy of your environment to perform complete tests if the problem is not resolved:
- QlikView file (.qvw)
- NPrinting file (.nsq)
- name of the specific report(s) and/or task you are trying to execute
- relevant report template (.xlsx, .docx, .pptx or .html)
- NPrinting log file (.log)
- NPrinting Service log file (.log) if you use it
If you can’t send us the QlikView file because the data is confidential, you can make a copy of your QVW and use the QlikView Scrambling feature
(Ctrl+Alt+D with the specific document open in QlikView, select the Scrambling Tab)..
QlikView Scrambling will change the data irreversibly so be sure to do this on a copy of the QVW and not the original file.
You can also send a reduced version of the QlikView document to save space as long as the reduced version also generates the error.