QlikView Server error "SE_LOG: User - GetStringS: Failed to LookupAccountName"
Article Number: 000007704 | Last Modified: 2018/06/12
QlikView Server event log continuously displays the below error message, where the domain and user name will refer to local user on the QlikView Server machine.
300 Error SE_LOG: User - GetStringS: Failed to LookupAccountName. Domain (DC1.domain.local), Name (QLIKVIEWSERVER\ADMINISTRATOR). System Error: No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.
3. The error comes from QlikView Server making a user lookup towards the domain controller. The user is a local user and therefore the domain lookup fails.
This is a incorrect behavior, and has been addressed in bug QVII-117 and QV-1022.
QVII-117 is fixed in 11.20 SR13.
QV-1022 is fixed in 12.00 IR.
The issue may be resolved by these actions.
1. If the QlikView Server service account is a local user, please change it to a domain user.
Note: The domain user should be the member of local Administrators group and QlikView Administrators group.
2. If IIS is used as QlikView web server and its service account is a local user, please change it to the QlikView Server service account.
3. Update to QlikView Server 11.20 SR 13.
Fix on Bug QVII-117 will stop the message.
4. Update to QlikView Server 12.
Fix on Bug QV-1022 will stop the message.
5. Add EnforceDomainLookup=0 in Settings.ini
It may stop showing the message, but use it with a caution.