For advanced troubleshooting memory dump files can sometimes be required, to enable analysis of software execution path and the data values used for that execution. Below are instruction on how to catch a small memory dump file with Microsoft Windebug tool.
- Install Windebug on the QlikView Server
- Run Windbg as an administrator when QlikView Server is running without problems.
- Use File > Attach to process and select the QVS.EXE process
NOTE: The QVS.EXE process will halt until next steps
- Enter the letter “g”in the bottom of the window and press <Enter>.
- The window will then show “Debuggee is running...”
- From the Debug Menu, select “Break” (or CTRL+Break) to halt the QVS process
- Create a dump by entering “.dump /m c:\DumpFile1.dmp” in the debugger
- Repeat steps 5-7 in order to create a couple of dump files with a minute or so between, and at the same time replicate the issue.
There is no need to save any information in workspace (if prompted for this)
Create Dump File, Microsoft MSDN