Qlik Sense Enterprise is installed on C drive by default.
1. The installation folder (C:\Program Files\Qlik\) can be altered during installation by using Custom Installation
options as described in Qlik Sense Help
The installation path for Program Data (C:\ProgramData\Qlik) can not be be altered during installation. After installation it is possible to alter the Qlik Sense app file storage from Program Data folder (C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\Apps), as described in How To Change App Storage Location
For deployments that require moving the entire Program Data location an alternative can be to apply NTFS junction points, which is a symbolic link to a directory that acts as an alias. This means that files are accessed from a path like C:\ProgramData\Qlik, while the file are actually stored and read from a different location like D:\Qlik\Sense. NOTE: Symbolic links are NOT supported. Therefore, for Qlik Support to troubleshoot scenarios with NTFS junction point can require that the junction point has to be removed and data being restored to C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense\, as part in concluding if the junction point is causing an issue related to file access.
NTFS junction to point for Qlik Sense program data folder can be done in line with below steps.
- Backup Qlik Sense to enable restoring the the system
- Create new folder location, for example D:\Qlik\Sense\
- Stop Qlik Sense services
- Move Qlik Sense program data files from C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense to new location
- Create a junction point using mklink command
mklink /j "C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense" "D:\Qlik\Sense\"
- Start Qlik Sense services
NTFS Junction Point, Wikipedia; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_junction_point
Hard Links and Junctions, Microsoft MSDN: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365006(v=vs.85).aspx
2. The default PostgreSQL dadabase folder is in the ProgramData folder, C:\ProgramData\Qlik\Sense - and it's not something we can modify. If you want to have the DB installed in another folder or another drive inside the Central server it's possible.
You just need to install Qlik Sense with a dedicated PostgreSQL :https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/June2019/Subsystems/PlanningQlikSenseDeployments/Content/Sense_Deployment/Installing-configuring-postgresql.htmhttps://support.qlik.com/articles/000028608
There is no problem to install the PostgreSQL database in the Central server itself.