Access Violation error appears in the NPrinting Server log files when NPrinting is connecting to a QlikView documentEnvironment:
The error Access Violation can occur if there is a permissions problem or in some cases, a simple reboot of the server will resolve the issue.
This error could indicate that:
1. The server where the QVW's are stored needs to be rebooted
2. The QVW is protected by section access. If yes, please use section access credentials in the NPrinting source connection when section access is contained in the QVW.
Please, have a look at this article:Can I use Section Access with NPrinting
3. The path to the QVP connection is invalid or the UNC path is inaccessible via NTFS file and folder permissions. Open the QVW while logged on asthe NPrinting service account to test this. If the QVW cannot be opened via the QVP or UNC path, then there is a QMC permissions problem or NTFS permissions problem with the NPrinting Server service account.
- For QVP issues, the NP service account must have permission to view the QVW via the QMC.
- For Network connection issues, the NPrinting service account does not have access to the network resources with the QVWs are located. File and folder permissions must be assigned to allow the NP service account to access the QVW via network path locations.
See Troubleshooting the NPrinting server service and service accountDedicated NPrinting Service Account Configuration
4. The QlikView document you are connecting to is showing a message or cannot be opened because of a license issue. Make sure the NPrinting service account has been assigned a Named CAL on the QlikView Server and is able to lease a license. How To Lease License From QlikView Server To QlikView Desktop Client
You can check this connecting to the QlikView document as the NPrinting user following this process:
i. Open the QlikView installation folder (normally it is C:\Program Files\QlikView)
ii. Click on Shift and right click on the Qv.exe file
iii. Choose "Run as a different user" in the window that opens
iv. Enter the NPrinting user Id and password.
v. Open the QlikView document.
Is QlikView showing any error message? Please send Qlik Technical Support a screenshot.
5. The QV Desktop where the QVWs are stored needs to be repaired or reinstalled.
ie if NP 16, on the NP server or on the NP Designer computer.
ie if NP 17 or 18, on the NP server/engine computer.
6. Another process is closing or locking the QVW during the execution of an automated schedule. Check QV server and other potential external tasks and processes that might be locking the QVW.
7. Check that your report template,qvw and nsq (for NP16) are NOT blocked. Right-click separately on each these files. Choose 'Properties' from the context menu. Select the 'General' tab. In the security section at the bottom, click 'Unblock'.
8. If the connection to qvw files are to another different server that the one where NPrinting is installed, use the absolute path for the connection, not the mapped drive path.
Please check the above and keep us posted