Running QlikView NPrinting OnDemand, occasionally the following dialog may appear. Is there a way to prevent this dialog from showing?
When the QlikView NPrinting service starts to run a schedule, a Windows service called "Interactive Services Detection" notifies the user that a program window has been opened in the isolated session where all windows service runs.
This is not an error message, it only notifies you that a service started to work. This message does not have any effect and it is just informing you that there is a interactive service running.
Please, ignore the message and do not click on the show message button or NPrinting may lose the connection to the QlikView document.
If you want to disable this notification dialog, follow the steps below and change the notification settings of your computer:
- In Windows open Services (Start > Run > services.msc)
- Locate the Interactive Services Detection service
- Right-click the service and stop it. To prevent it from starting after a reboot, change Startup type to Disabled
Note: Interactive Services Detection enables user notification of user input for interactive services, which enables access to dialogs created by interactive services when they appear. If this service is stopped, notifications of new interactive service dialogs will no longer function and there might not be access to interactive service dialogs. If this service is disabled, both notifications of and access to new interactive service dialogs will no longer function.
If you face “Error 1: Incorrect Function” When Starting the Service, then activate the service by editing the registry :
1. Open registry editor by going to start and typing in regedit.exe.
2. On the registry tree, navigate to HKEY_Local_Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows.
3. Find the DWORD "NoInteractiveServices".
4. Change the value from a 0 to 1.
5. Restart the Server.