When using NPrinting with a QlikView Leased License CAL, the following symptoms may be experienced:
- NPrinting is sometimes failing to generate reports
- The user account assigned to run the NPrinting service receives a message when trying to open QlikView documents, "QlikView document was created by another QlikView Personal Edition user"Envionment:
- QlikView Desktop all versions
- Qlik NPrinting all versions
QlikView Server dynamically leased licenses (Setting: Allow dynamic CAL assignment) and Personal Edition (QlikView Desktop is in an unlicensed state) are not supported.Note
: It is not recommended to use dynamically assigned leased licenses because when expired the Qlik NPrinting connection to QlikView stops working.
- If QlikView Desktop is unable to lease a license with steps under How To Lease License From QlikView Server To QlikView Desktop Client , it is likely that the QlikView Server license may not allow license leases. This can be confirmed by review the LEF information for the parameter "LICENSE_LEASE;NO;;". Also check the configuration under QMC > System > Licenses > QlikView Server > Client Access Licenses (CALs) > Allow license lease.
- It is also possible that the QlikView Desktop has leased a license from a TEST QliView Server. (QV TEST server named CALs do not work with NPrinting. Must be a named CAL from a production QlikView server) Result is that 'Personal Edition' will appear in the QV desktop title bar.
A manually leased CAL or a QlikView Desktop License should be use with Qlik NPrinting service user account (Qlik NPrinting Engine Service user account).NOTE
: A Leased License CAL (dynamic or manually leased) may be used on 2 machines at most, but not at the same time. This will result in the NPrinting service preventing any other machine from using the same Leased License CAL, while running.
For more information see Licensing Qlik NPrinting