The QlikView script editor offers a wizard to target files on an FTP servers, instead of accessing files on a local drive or network shares. Connect to FTP server
Select the table file to load
- Enable use of FTP
- Open Table Files... wizard
- Enter connection credentials, as they are provided from the FTP server administrator
NOTE: The server address must only contain the URI or IP Address to the server, subfolders should be removed.
- Click Connect...
- After successful connection the wizard frames show the FTP folders (left side) and files of selected folder (right side). See article Table File Wizard Does Not Show Content On FTP Server for additional details of folders and files are not displayed in the wizard window.
Manual LOAD statement
- Browse to the desired folder
- Select a file
- Click Open
- The generic file wizard opens. Make any configurations to load the file content as required.
- Finish the wizard to get the load statement inserted in load script.
The Table File wizard generates load statements that include the FTP server address, user credentials and file path in the FROM string. The file format definition is the same as if the file was loaded from local drive or network share as in the examples below. The connection to FTP file can be made by manually writing the FROM string, instead of going through the wizard.LOAD *
(txt, codepage is 1252, no labels, delimiter is '\t', msq);
(ooxml, no labels, table is [My Sheet]);
NOTE: Some FTP server require that username, password and path do not contain white space or special characters, these characters must then be encoded with % codes as in HTTP URLs.